Thursday, September 16, 2010

1107 - Action Comics 380 - Half a Legionnaire?

Index Number – 1107 - 1.0
Issue – Action Comics 380
Cover Date – September 1969
Title – Half a Legionnaire?
Characters – Bouncing Boy, Duo Damsel, Mon-El
Synopsis – Duo Damsel sends one of her bodies on a mission. She meets a hero with an aura that gives her an evil personality.
Writer – Jim Shooter
Artist – Win Mortimer / Jack Abel
Editor – Mort Weisinger
Reprinted – Legion of Super-Heroes Archive 9 – 1999
Showcase Presents the Legion of Super-Heroes 4 - 2010
Comments – When the Legion moved to Action Comics, I was 17 years old. I was disappointed with the shorter stories, and as I recall, this was the last issue I bought at the newsstand. I returned to the fold about 3 or 4 years later and scrounged around to find the issues I had missed.
I am still double-checking, but I believe that this is the first Legion story title that didn't end with an exclamation point!

No comments:

Post a Comment